People living in humid climates know very well how humidity can be destructive. In addition to causing damage to the bedding, ceilings, flooring, furnishings, and walls, the humidity will add to the growth of viruses, bacteria, and mold.
Dehumidifiers are an essential tool to help decrease the material damages and minimize health risks. Unluckily, most are noisy and interrupt concentration, sleeping, and overall well-being.
But you’ll find dehumidifiers that operate a lot quieter. It can be challenging choosing a quieter model except if you’re knowledgeable about what will make one model quieter than another.
|1||SIMSEN 95oz Dehumidifiers for Home, 7000 Cubic Feet(720 sq ft) Quiet Dehumidifier for Home with...||2,396 Reviews||$109.99 $95.99||Buy Now|
|2||35-Pint Dehumidifier for Basement and Large Room - 2000 Sq. Ft. Quiet Dehumidifier for Medium to...||187 Reviews||$179.99||Buy Now|
|3||Dehumidifiers, 35OZ Dehumidifier, Small Dehumidifiers for Home, Bedroom, Bathroom, Mini dehumidifier...||71 Reviews||$49.99||Buy Now|
Here, you will see some reviews of quiet dehumidifiers to help you make the best comparison between different units.
By the time you’re through with these reviews, you will be knowledgeable to make the right choice when it comes to choosing the quiet dehumidifier that will best meet your needs and your loved one’s needs.
Keeping this in mind, let’s check out the features and advantages of some of the best quiet dehumidifiers.
6 of the top rated quiet dehumidifiers
Table of Contents
- 1 6 of the top rated quiet dehumidifiers
- 1.1 1. Ivation Energy Star Dehumidifier – Large-Capacity 4,500 Sq Ft
- 1.2 2. TOSOT Quiet Energy Star Dehumidifier Home – 1,500 Sq
- 1.3 3. Honeywell Quiet Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 1.4 4. hOmeLabs Energy Star Dehumidifier for Extra Large Rooms – 4,500 Sq
- 1.5 5. Vremi Dehumidifier for Medium Spaces and Basements
- 1.6 6. Frigidaire 50-Pint Dehumidifier
Here we go;
1. Ivation Energy Star Dehumidifier – Large-Capacity 4,500 Sq Ft
- This Compressor Dehumidifier Keeps Spaces Up to 4500 Sq. Ft. Cool & Comfortable...
- Built-In Humidity Sensor - The LCD accurately displays the current humidity...
- Low Maintenance & Easy Operation; Simply Plug-In, Select Settings & Empty 1.3...
This machine will fit inconspicuously in lots of spaces. The rolling caster wheels of this machine are durable and make it portable. In addition, it comes with a two-fan setting to customize the air regulation for the removal of moisture in the 4,500 sq.ft spaces.
This unit gets rid of 70 pints of the moisture daily to offer you relief during humid months. It would help if you emptied its high-capacity reservoir (1.3-gallon) when it’s automatically shut down.
It would be best if you looked at its level indicator or connect an optional hook for the continuous draining. The unit’s smart design lets you use its simple LCD interface to control the moisture level.
You choose the perfect levels, look at the humidistat, program the 24-hour timer, adjust the fan speed, and get the essential reservoir and filter alerts for stress-free running.
This 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier is powerful and small. It comes with 4 easy-rolling caster wheels to make it hassle-free to move the unit from one section to another. This humidifier comes with an extra-long cord.
It features an easy on/off switch. Its fast control will make it easy for you to power on/off without having to adjust the humidistat.
The unit features an easy-to-use display. You have to see its operating settings only once and get the essential reservoir and filter alerts using the LCD interface.
For the utmost comfort, you can select between regular and turbo fan speeds. The humidifier comes with a built-in relative humidity meter as well.
The LCD of this unit properly displays the room’s current humidity level. This lets you choose your preferred levels for automatic moisture control.
It also comes with a convenient 24-hour timer, which allows you to set a time to save your energy costs and suit your lifestyle. It features a removable, easy-to-empty reservoir.
Also, there’s a translucent indicator level and a cover and comfy handles for easy removal. You can drain the humid rooms thanks to the optional hose connection.
In addition, you can redirect water to the slop sink or basement drain. Its eco-efficient auto-defrost will help to secure the evaporator coils as well as stop wasted energy.
- LCD panel and wheels
- Has: auto-shut, auto-defrost, auto-reset
- 50 and 70 pints capacities
- 2 fan speed
- Fridge-style dehumidifier
- Simple-empty reservoir
- Safety auto-shutoff
- Energy Star rated
- Hose connection
- It leaks water even if you connect it to the hose
2. TOSOT Quiet Energy Star Dehumidifier Home – 1,500 Sq
- 1,500 SQ FT: Removes up to 20 pints (30 pints 2012 DOE) of water every 24 hours....
- AUTO DRAIN: This dehumidifier will stop running if the water bucket fills up....
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: After choosing a target humidity level the control panel...
With a 1,500 sq.ft coverage area, this machine is perfect for dehumidifying big rooms, entire homes, and basement. Besides having a huge coverage area, the Tosot 30 Pint Dehumidifier also has a 4-gallon tank.
This tank uses 5 hours to fill it up when you use it constantly. The best part is that if you will probably be operating this unit for several hours, it comes with high energy efficiency.
This will help prevent you from incurring more costs than anticipated. This makes this unit cost-effective to use, and the fact that it is energy-rated means it is safe to use inside the house.
With regard to operational noise, it does not become quieter than this amazing 30-pint model. Besides being energy-rated, this dehumidifier also operates between 45- 50 dB. This means it has an extremely quiet operation and makes it eco-friendly.
In addition to that, whenever there is a power outage, it restarts while maintaining your preferred programmed settings. This means you will not need to undergo the stress of installing the unit again.
If you would like efficient operation, this unit has a simple filter to take out and clean up. This means you only have to clean up the filter for your dehumidifier to stay in the best condition.
In addition to that, this machine comes with an indicator that will alert you when it is time for cleaning up the filter, which makes it quite user-friendly.
An important thing to mention is that the dehumidifier comes with an amazing design. The only main fault is that it does not have an indicator that notifies when its tank is full.
- Has a dirty filter indicator
- Operates quietly
- High energy-efficiency
- Easy-to-clean filter
- Has an amazing design
- No indicator to alert when the tank is full
3. Honeywell Quiet Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Energy Star qualified dehumidifier removes moisture with less energy than...
- Removes up to 30 pints of moisture (50 pint 2012 DOE standard) from the air...
- Controls humidity for a more comfortable home environment
The unit will hold up to fifty pints and protect curtains, furniture, walls, and appliances from mold as well as mildew. Additionally, Honeywell will help extend food items’ life by ensuring the air stays dry.
You can use this machine to get rid of humidity in cellars, basements, and a crawl room; however, it is appealing enough to place in your kitchen. This Honeywell is Energy Star-certified, meaning you’ll have the same operation while you save on the monthly electric bill.
It comes with a control panel to help you easily read together with easy controls, which lets you set up and use the machine fast.
Similar to all the dependable quietest units, this unit has a built-in humidistat that can automatically turn it on when your room’s humidity goes beyond the pre-set levels. Additionally, the control panel has LED light alerts, which show whether you need to empty the tank or clean the air filter.
Talking about the air filter, this unit is environmentally friendly with its durable and simple-to-clean air filter. Unlike some other models that need replacing the air filter now and then, you can clean this dehumidifier’s air filter for optimal performance.
This unit has a comfortable grip handle and a tank with anti-spill guards that let you drain the tank easily and not create a mess.
- LED digital display will show the room timer settings, level of humidity, and temperature
- It controls humidity for comfy home surroundings.
- Gets rid of moisture from the air every 24 hours in a 3,000 sq.feet room
- Smart digital humidistat control system will automatically sense the levels of moisture in your room and activate dehumidification
- This dehumidifier gets rid of moisture with less energy compared to a conventional model
- Energy Star-certified
- User-friendly controls
- It can get rid of humidity from spaces up to 3,000 sq.ft.
- Filter changing alert
- Led warning lights on the digital display
- Anti-spill tanks guards
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Built-in humidistat
- Frost control
- Delicate water tank handle
- Substandard tank construction
4. hOmeLabs Energy Star Dehumidifier for Extra Large Rooms – 4,500 Sq
- 4,500 sq ft Large Dehumidifier: Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with...
- Designed For Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to...
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours...
Do you want a dehumidifier for the big room and basement in your house?
hOmeLabs provide the ideal product for getting rid of moisture from 4,500square feet. You’ll find this unit appropriate for big rooms, garage, basements, etc.
This dehumidifier is made to safely and effectively get rid of every room’s moisture. It is an efficient Energy Star certified model.
You’ll find this unit portable to get rid of 50-pint moisture from a large and enclosed area. It helps keep humidity away from your inside rooms to protect the clothes, furniture, and house goods from mildew, mold, and rot.
You can use it for humid offices, closets, bedroom, or garage. This product will efficiently help in absorbing moisture without the increase of the energy bills.
If you want a quiet model, you can select this dehumidifier. When using this unit, you don’t need to live with small pests, allergens, and dust mites. This dehumidifier can help you get relief from rashes, sneezing, stuffy nose, and coughing due to high humidity.
With this unit, you will be able to get rid of things that trigger the respiratory system’s allergies. This dehumidifier is appropriate for coping with mold and other dangers from your home.
The machine has a quiet fan; thus, there’s no need to worry about the level of noise. Your life will be peaceful using this fan. This unit is very efficient and user-friendly. It is able to run a constant 24-hour cycle as its tank has enough capacity.
It will shut off automatically once the water runs off. If you want an efficient and durable machine, feel free to purchase this hOmeLabs dehumidifier. This machine will help you get rid of dust mites, mold, and dab odor from your house. It comes with a quiet fan and a built-in compressor.
- You can use it in rooms up to 4,500 square feet
- Constant drain choice
- Auto shutoff
- Good portability
- Two-year warranty
5. Vremi Dehumidifier for Medium Spaces and Basements
- Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air...
- We designed our dehumidifier with convenience and style in mind. This...
- It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship, and our user-friendly features reflect...
This is a powerful dehumidifier, covering 1,000 sq.ft. Excess moisture will drip into the tank, which holds three liters. This tank is easy-to-remove, clean up, and re-insert, with directions written in the unit.
If you don’t like regularly emptying the unit’s tank, you can add a hose for constant gravity draining. For the best results, you should lead this to a low drain. The dehumidifier also has a filter to get rid of allergens like odor-causing bacteria, dust, and mold spores.
The filter is a breeze to remove and clean up under running water. It would help if you did this at least once every month to keep your machine healthy.
This unit is set to ‘continous mode’ during the initial use. This will disable the controls that allow you to set the preferred levels of humidity.
You can disable this mode, and the rest of the unit’s control should function. This product has six settings for different levels of humidity, which include a 24-hour timer.
It is energy star rated for efficiency, which means it will not make a conspicuous change in your electricity bill. Though this dehumidifier is rated for big rooms, it operates well in medium-sized spaces.
The powerful turbo mode will switch it to move 138ft³/s. But in this setting, there is a noticeable sound from the unit. If you are a light sleeper, this makes it inappropriate for your bedroom.
In addition, it increases the power use of the machine. This Vremi 30 Pint Dehumidifier features an auto-shutoff that when the tank is full. It’s powerful enough in medium-sized areas; however, its noise levels can be hard to sleep through.
You may require a white-noise machine to conceal it or noise-canceling earbuds. With this powerful machine, you can get rid of additional moisture from your office, house, or other places.
You can use a removable hose to solve the problem of a small tank. It’s suitable for getting rid of allergens, which include spores, dirt, and odor-causing bacteria. This unit comes with a removable filter. Be at liberty to wash it regularly to improve your machine’s efficiency.
- Turbo mode
- The choice for constant drainage
- Drain maximum moisture
- Operates for 24 hours
- Handles and caster wheels for portability
- Energy Star certified for efficiency
- Different modes offered under settings
- Simple to remove and clean up the filter
- Powerful silent fan with constant running
- The tank is small and requires continuous emptying during high humidity months (three-four times daily)
- The highest setting causes a noisy fan
6. Frigidaire 50-Pint Dehumidifier
If you want the best quiet dehumidifier for your house, then this Frigidaire 50-Pint is a good choice to consider. It is also very well built to suit your needs.
This quite big dehumidifier is the best choice for any room in your house. It comes with the coverage area to even dehumidify a whole floor.
Of course, this unit is relatively hefty because of its big size, so once installed; it can likely be simpler to just keep there instead of moving it around.
This is thanks partly to the unit’s pints per day elimination amount of fifty pints. If you want to make your house free from excess moisture permanently, this is the best choice.
All you should do is use the user-friendly controls to set your preferred humidity level, and the unit does the rest. Once you reach your preferred level of humidity, this dehumidifier will shut off and just operate again if there’s an increase in humidity.
The automatic shutoff feature will help in making this unit one of the most energy-efficient models you can purchase. This machine is well-made and durable too.
In addition, it’s easy to clean the filter. The unit will inform you when you should clean the filter. To clean the filter, all you should do is rinse off or brush off the excess dirt and reinstall it. When you clean up the filter, you’ll help the unit operate much longer.
- Energy star rated
- Electronic control
- 115-volt electric outlet
- The timer is 24 hour on/off
- Level of noise -51Db
- High pints daily removal
- Indicator for cleaning the filter
- User-friendly panel
- Energy Star certified
- Big capacity
- Simple-to-clean filter
Last update on 2023-02-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API