Top 20 Types Of Bed Frames In The Market Today
There are lots of different models, shapes, types, and makes of beds available in the market today that it can be hard to select any specific one.
Each bed type comes with its own purpose, and this article helps cover some of the different types of beds that may suit your needs and home.
Best bed frames in the market today
Here we go;
Loft bed frames
- Your purchase includes 1 DHP Junior Loft Bed Frame With Ladder in Black color |...
- Bed Frame dimensions – 51" W x 50" H x 78" L | Assembled weight – 57.5 lbs....
- Ships in 1 box | Easy assembly | Recommended for 6-year old children or older
Loft beds resemble bunk beds; however, they have just one bed frame on the top that’s supported using wooden or iron rods.
They also provide free space underneath the bed frame, which you can use in various ways.
For instance, you can place a drawer chest or futon or a small couch and a study desk or even a pair of stools.
There’s a wide array of loft beds that come with incorporated storage solutions and a lot of other features such as futon sofa, desk, and many more.
For rooms with limited space, these beds are very practical and functional.
Bunk bed frames
- Superior Quality: Solid, knot free, New Zealand pine wood bed frame. Durable,...
- Sturdy & Stable: High, 400-pound resting weight capacity per sleeping surface....
- Modern, Clean Design: Slatted headboard with flush, color matching hardware for...
A bunk bed is specially made for accommodating more than one individual. They also come in a wide variety of styles and designs.
The major purpose of bunk beds is to accommodate more than one person and save you horizontal space.
You can find these beds are used in army garrisons, prison cells, hostels, student residential places, and summer camps.
It’s also popular in kids’ rooms where they offer more space. There’s a wide choice of bunk beds for children with different, astonishing styles and features.
The most popular ones are wooden bunks. A lot of these beds offer you the choice of separating into two single beds. This is the best choice if space isn’t a problem anymore.
Roll away bed also called fold away bed
- 5’’ Memory Foam Mattress for Superior Comfort - Composed of 1.5’’ memory...
- Space-saving & Extra Bed for Guests - Inofia folding guest bed overcomes the...
- Easy Set-up & Mobility - To assemble this roll away folding bed is as easy as...
This type of bed is the ideal solution when you have guests in your home. Roll away beds are safe and user-friendly as well.
They are easy to move from the hall room to the visitor room or anyplace in your home. A roll away bed is comfortable as the other bed in your bedroom.
Its firm caster wheels are often integrated into the frame so that when you fold it, the wheels will allow for easy movement.
If your apartment is small and many visitors often stop by your place regularly, owning this bed type may solve your concern.
Trundle bed frame
- Multi-functional piece with Victorian finial detailing ideal for small living...
- Product dimensions: 77.5"L x 41.5"W x 41.5"H; Daybed Weight Limit: 400 pounds;...
- Designed to fit one standard twin size mattress on daybed (maximum 8 inches) and...
Trundle beds offer smart solutions for saving space for your house. This is a moveable bed that you can fix beneath another bed frame.
You can also hide a trundle bed inside a step up to a dual-level, floor. All you need to do is pull a handle and your bed will roll out.
Nowadays, these are becoming popular since are space savers in bedrooms. A trundle bed is also called a truckle bed. In addition, you can use these beds as bunk beds for kids, visitor beds and day beds.
Trundle beds are basically no more than a mattress lying on a base fitted with castors, wheels or rollers.
No products found.
This is a folding bed that is specially made to handle cope with the shortage of space. You can store Murphy beds in a vertical position in your bedroom’s corner or even in the closet or cabinet.
These beds are a perfect furniture item to help save floor space by cleverly using vertical space. Murphy beds are the ideas beds for saving space in apartments and houses.
Additionally, some of these beds have storage cabinets underneath the base that you can use by pulling up vertically against the wall.
As the shortage of space is the main issue nowadays, the popularity of these beds is increasing daily.
Murphy beds come in several varieties suited for different home designs. Check out this article by Home Refinery for more information.
Day bed frames
- Your purchase includes one Zinus Eden Twin Daybed & Trundle Set; Accommodates 2...
- Daybed dimensions – 39" W x 77" L x 38" H; Weight limit – 250 pounds; Item...
- Premium steel slat support
These look like divan beds or sofa beds; however, they work as a guest bed or a single bed.
A day bed plays multi-functional roles; you can place them on the bed to enjoy a serene night’s sleep or you can use them as a sofa to sit and unwind.
In addition, you can use a day bed as a divan, lounger or a recliner. This bed is often made with top quality metal or wood material.
You can also get some wrapped using lecture or fabric texture. This is to make these beds appear more attractive.
There’s a wide array of colors and designs to choose from that will not only offer you the best comfort but also help in enhancing your home’s beauty.
Canopy bed types
- MODERN DESIGN: Queen-sized bed frame is crafted with crisp lines and symmetrical...
- BOTTOM STORAGE: Keep items such as shoes, storage boxes, and more neatly hidden...
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Frame and strong legs make up a sturdy, all-metal...
These beds have four vertical wooden poles at each of its 4 corners to help carry the upper panel/shade.
Canopy beds are unique as you can place a decorative fabric over the upper panel that will cover your bed from all sides, which makes you feel comfortable.
A canopy bed one of the plushest beds of olden times. You can use different kinds of fabric in a canopy bed such as, silk, chiffon, and net.
The four-poster and canopy beds are hardly used in traditional houses. The reason being, they are big and aren’t useful for rooms where space is a problem.
- Complete bed with headboard, footboard, and rails
- Clean line style with neutral upholstery lets this bed fit a variety of decors.
- Crafted with a manufactured wood and plywood frame; gray colored upholstery with...
A panel bed features a base made using wooden slates to offer perfect support to the mattress without needing a box spring.
They are popular and we-liked for their convenience and simplicity. The wooden slate panels offer your mattress flexible support. Furthermore, it offers your mattress ventilation for breathing in and out nasty smells.
In that way, the mattress will remain in great condition and serve you for many years. A panel bed isn’t that heavy and so movement is easy.
You can get these beds in an array of styles to match any kind of bedroom décor. They also come with a storage solution. Panel beds have a footboard and headboard created with flat wood panels.
These panels are framed using raised grooves or molding, which imitate wainscoting or wood paneling. The bed’s footboard and headboard are connected by wooden rails. You can get panel beds in both wood-stained and painted finishes.
- COMFORT: Serta, the first name in comfort, makes Serta-comfortable, sensibly...
- BEAUTY: This futuristic, convertible sofa has a sleek silhouette with...
- SPECIFICATIONS: This convertible sofa is made from premium-quality polyester and...
A futon is a cushioned mattress, which you can use for sleeping on and fold back in the cupboard in the daytime.
The more enhanced type of this bed has a metal or wooden frame to help in carrying the futon mattress and keeping it above the floor.
You can use this bed as a couch or sofa for the guest room, study, living room or any place you want to position it. In addition, you can convert it to a sleeping position to utilize it as a bed for a comfy night’s sleep.
It’s available in different shades with detachable covers so they match properly with your home’s existing color scheme.
Ottoman bed frame
- COMFORTABLE MODERN FURNITURE - Charcoal gray fabric with button-tufted cushioned...
- ENTRYWAY STORAGE BENCH - Store up to 9 pairs of shoes on three tiers of shelves,...
- STRONG, DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - Supports up to 400 lbs. evenly distributed on...
As classy as it is functional, an ottoman bed lets you easily lift the bed’s base together with the mattress.
Regardless of the number of blankets and pillows you have, one easy lift and you will access a lot of room under your bed. You can get this bed in a wooden or leather frame.
The ottoman bed is perfect for keeping huge things like additional luggage, musical instruments, etc.
Sofa bed frame type
- Set includes: One (1) sofa bed
- Materials: Bonded leather match PU, foam, solidwood and metal
- Fabric Color: White
This is a multi-functional furniture item, which you can serve as a standard sofa in the daytime and convert into a bed during the night.
Additionally, you can get a sofa bed with a storage room to keep the surplus house items neatly. Consumers live these bed types because of the different functions they offer.
Those having limited apartment space find these beds the perfect piece of furniture. In addition, a sofa bed is used as guest beds, particularly those having a mattress included.
Furthermore, you can place this bed type in your children’s bedroom if the room does not have adequate room for accommodating a standard sofa and bed.
- 3 ADJUSTABLE POSITIONS: Perfect for any occasion, three backrest settings let...
- ROOM FOR 2: This stylish futon sofa has a 500-pound weight limit that lets you...
- CONVERTIBLE SOFA BED: Stay prepared for overnight guests by taking advantage of...
These bed types feature two major parts, which join together, using a bracket. The bed’s base is made from wooden material and will sit on the ground directly.
The base of the divan bed has a height of nearly three feet with a lifting cover. It offers plenty of space for storing your bedroom stuff in an organized manner.
These beds are very functional and practical. In addition, they are often preferred for their superior comfort and durability.
Divan beds are available in a wide array of styles and designs. There are different kinds of storage choices in these beds such as link and zip storage, sliders, drawer storage, etc.
Traditionally, these beds have been the better option before other models of bed frame like metal beds and leather beds got available in the market.
- RUSTIC STYLE - These rustic cedar log beds are handcrafted using white cedar...
- STURDY - Each wooden bed is constructed using mortise and tenon joints for...
- PROTECTED FROM WEAR - This log bed has been factory sanded and sprayed with a...
A cabin bed is specially designed for managing the mess in your kid’s room and help in saving space.
You can get these beds in the market in a range of styles, colors, and sizes.
Otherwise referred to as midi beds, cabin beds usually feature storage compartments like built-in drawers beneath the bed and curtains for covering a space where your kid can store toys and play.
Like a bunk bed, a cabin bed often features guardrails around the bed’s perimeter.
This will help in keeping tour kids safe while sleeping so they don’t fall out at night. Additionally, a cabin bed is often durable.
After all, many children will be jumping all over this bed, so it should be stable.
Cot bed for kids
- Recommended for ages 15 months and up
- Easy assembly certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC &...
- JPMA certified
These offer a simple surface for sleeping, which you can fold and store away until next required.
A cot bed is perfect for unanticipated visitors, or even for anticipated visitors who want to remain overnight.
These beds are basic, you can fold up and store away until next required and will accommodate one adult.
Some people own 3 or 4 of cot beds stored away in a cupboard in the event they require them.
Sleigh bed frame
Sleigh beds are modern bed types, which are popular for their bold statement.
This bed comes with sleek, gorgeous curves with a slim appearance.
Their appearance is completely different from that of regular beds and so offers your bedroom style.
You can get a sleigh bed in various materials like metal and wooden; however, these beds are most common in leather.
They are also the best option for modern styled houses and will help in contributing a lot in improving your bedroom’s beauty.
Bed frame with storage underneath
- Set includes: One (1) bed
- Materials: Maple, Asian hardwood, MDF, Asian tropical wood and practice board
- Finish Color: Warm brown
Storage beds offer you smart solutions for storing your things. This bed is often wrapped using faux or real leather texture and provides a large room for storing your things.
You can get this a storage bed in an array of styles. Some provide space beneath their slatted base and are simple to pull up.
You can place linens, blankets, and pillows easily in the provided space, which makes your room free of clutter.
Some of these beds come with big drawers on both sides of the frame in which you can keep accessories, covers and bed sheets in an organized way.
The shortage of space is a popular issue nowadays and a storage bed is the best solution to this issue. This bed is not only functional but also comfortable and well-built to offer a peaceful night’s sleep.
Offering you plenty of space, you can now get a storage bed in lots of different designs and will bring a touch of stylishness to the room.
Bookcase bed frame
- Set includes: One (1) bed
- Materials: Maple, Asian hardwood, MDF, Asian tropical wood and practice board
- Finish Color: Warm brown
These beds have a bookcase incorporated into the headboard.
You can place your preferred books there, or the ones you have not read.
Most people love to read in bed before sleeping, and it shouldn’t be hard to install a light switch to this kind of headboard.
A bookcase bed is perfect if you have a small room with not enough space for a nightstand.
You can use some shelves for your books and others for other stuff you need close by when sleeping.
18. Platform bed frame
- MODERN STYLE, CLASSIC COMFORT - With its distinct square tufted headboard, the...
- DURABLY DESIGNED - Interior steel framework and dense foam padding add comfort...
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Durable wood slats support and extend the life of your...
If you are looking for a modern and stylish bed? Then without a doubt go for the platform bed.
This bed frame comes with a flat and in some designs extended surface that is solid where the mattress rests upon.
Unlike the traditional bed frame, a platform bed does not have raised edges. One of this types of platform bed designs is the Thuma bed style.
Some platform beds are built with a removable slatted rack and storage space underneath.
It is also not strange to find a platform without a head-board and foot-board.
Since platform beds do not have many accessories, they are affordable and you can easily build one for yourself at home.
The other benefit that comes with a platform bed is that it is compatible with any type of mattress.
19. Adjustable bed frame
No products found.
This bed resembles a standard bed, as it’s available with the feature of being able to massage your painful legs and back, adjust and recline.
An adjustable bed is perfect for those suffering from snoring, back pain, and sinus pressure, as well as those who love watching television, working or reading in bed.
Having the ability to adjust your bed and finding the ideal posture will make going to sleep fun.
An adjustable bed is often expensive, so you will need to consider the advantages against the bigger investment.
You should also look forward to maintenance charges, as well, as there are moving electrical sections such as motors.
- Might come with USB chargers for iPhones and tablets
- Will allow for a range of activities, like reading, eating breakfast, watching television, breastfeeding in bed easier
- Head elevation can help in reducing acid reflux, heartburn, and snoring
- It’s easy for partners to adjust their side of the bed separately of the other
- Elevation of the feet will help with recovery from a medical procedure and poor circulation
- It is easy to maintain this type of bed if used the right way.
- Because it is electronic, there’s a greater possibility of mechanical breakdown
- If not used properly, it may worsen back pain
- A sleeper might risk injury if a limb or hand gets positioned between the frame and the foundation as it is being moved.
20. Water bed type
These use water as the main support system unlike the air bed which uses air and are ideal for back sleepers.
This bed has a rectangular water chamber that’s cushioned using upholstery material, like fibers and foam.
The water in this bed might be in a waveless chamber or free-flow chamber. When it comes to waveless, fibers restrict the movement of water.
In free-flow, nothing is hindering the water from moving from both ends of the mattress. Your decision will depend on the amount of flexibility and support you want.
It will also depend on if you find the water movement bothersome.
- Great for allergies, without fibers where dust and dirt settle
- Provide no resistance, reducing pressure on your joints
- The heating ability will help in enhancing joint relief and muscle relaxation
- You can heat it during winter
- High level of comfort, relaxing your spine and offering relief for backache
- It will be difficult getting sheets to fit a waterbed
- Some will develop a weird smell over time
- It can puncture and cause regular leaks
- Offers poor support
There’s a wide range in the bed types you can get for your house, with styles to suit different decor, different people, different rooms, and different uses.
While it might look overwhelming, with lots of options, you can easily get the type of bed with the material and style to suit your needs and those of your family perfectly.
Good night and have sweet dreams tonight.
Last update on 2022-03-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API