Over the years, there has been the evolution of different types of laundry detergents. Each of them is unique and contains different ingredients.
Currently, most manufacturers are trying to make laundry detergents as mild as possible so that they do not pose any health dangers.
At times, abrasive laundry detergents can be too hard on the skin, palms or fingernails. Not to mention, harsh laundry detergents can interfere with our infant’s health.
So, when shopping for a laundry detergent, it would be best if you look for a detergent with non-toxic ingredients.
Note that rinsing laundry does not entirely get rid of all the detergent present in them. Therefore, if the detergent contains any toxic chemicals, they are likely to get in contact with the skin.
When buying laundry detergent, always go for a hypoallergenic product. This way, you keep everyone in your household safe.
Additionally, think about the environment. Purchasing a biodegradable detergent is perfect for conserving the environment.
List of the best non-toxic detergent for washing
Ultimately, if you are looking for a non-toxic detergent, below are some of the options you might consider.
Tangie Laundry Paste Concentrate
One of the common non-toxic laundry detergents is the Tangie Laundry paste concentrate. This detergent contains a few synthetic chemicals. It contains plant-based ingredients like nut juice and yucca powder.
Besides having plant-based products, the Tangie laundry paste concentrate is a strong and effective detergent that fights stains. Often, it contains sticks that need to get diluted in the water to form laundry washing solutions.
This detergent is also cost-effective since you only need to use one stick to clean massive laundry loads. The Tangie laundry paste concentrate is relatively costly compared to other detergents. It costs about $23 for one stick.
- EASY APPLICATION: Just dilute the Laundry Paste Bar using water in a container...
- PROTECTIVE QUALITIES: Tangie Laundry Paste Detergent is effective on fibers from...
- NATURAL SOAP INGREDIENTS: Safe for your clothes, the environment and for your...
Sun and Earth Laundry Detergent, Light Citrus
Relatively cheaper than the Tangie concentrate, the Sun and Earth Laundry detergent is popular among most homeowners.
Moreover, the Sun and Earth laundry detergent contain minimal chemical and dyes. If you are looking for a mild and slightly cost-effective option, the Sun and Earth laundry detergent is a good option.
It goes for approximately $15 to $16 depending on the manufacturer.
- All Natural 2x Concentrated Laundry Detergent - Light Citrus Scent - 100 Fluid...
- For Use with High-Efficiency Washing Machines - 100 Loads Per Bottle (50 Loads...
- 100% Plant-Based Ingredients - Non-Toxic - Hypoallergenic - Biodegradable
Lion Bear Naked Soap Co.
Interesting name for a laundry detergent, right?
The Lion Bear Naked Soap is also another common non-toxic laundry detergent option. The detergent is environmentally friendly and user friendly as well.
Judging from its online reviews, the Lion Bear Naked Soap offers value for money. You can find it in almost any local store for approximately $34.
Moreover, this detergent is gentle on the skin and rarely causes any health problems when inhaled.
Molly’s Suds laundry detergent
On the higher end, we have Molly’s Suds laundry detergent. This detergent is one of the most expensive laundry detergents, but the benefits it offers is incomparable.
Not to mention that a child nurse with four children specially manufactured this detergent. From this information, you can definitely put your trust on the product. Molly’s Suds costs approximately $43.
- STRONG, SAFE, SUSTAINABLE: Made with 5 stain fighting natural ingredients safe...
- SMART STAIN PREP: Get stains out for good with our concentrated laundry...
- SAFE FOR ALL WASHERS: Standard, commercial, and HE washing machines clean...
Dr Bronner’s laundry detergent
The Dr Bonners laundry detergent is an ideal option for anyone passionate about environmental conservation. This detergent has been in existence for over five decades.
Thus, it has high demand and popularity among many individuals. In fact, this detergent has one of the highest ratings online. Not to mention, they are incredibly affordable.
So, if you want to buy laundry detergent from a reliable manufacturer, consider the Dr Bronners laundry detergent. You can find it for as low as $14.
We actually think the price is relatively low compared to the excellent functionality this product offers.
- MADE WITH ORGANIC OILS & CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS: Dr. Bronner's...
- ORGANIC & FAIR TRADE PALM KERNEL OIL: Grown by fairly-paid smallholder farmers...
- NO SYNTHETIC PRESERVATIVES, DETERGENTS, OR FOAMING AGENTS: Our liquid soaps are...
Seventh Generation laundry detergent
The Seventh Generation brand is an upcoming brand in the market. They have outstanding products with five-star ratings online. The reason behind this is the effectiveness yet mildness of the product.
Seventh Generation laundry detergents contain very few chemicals hence are very gentle on the skin.
Besides, you don’t have to break your bank when buying this laundry detergent. You can find them for as low as $11.
- Powerful triple-enzyme formula fights tough stains
- Free & clear, hypoallergenic laundry detergent made for sensitive skin
- EPA safer choice certified product designed with safety in mind
Planet Ultra laundry detergent
Although costly, Planet Ultra laundry detergent is effective and gentle on the skin. They contain minimal chemicals yet offer excellent functionality. If you are not under a fixed budget, consider buying this laundry detergent.
- Works in both standard and high-efficiency (HE) washers
- Hypoallergenic - suitable for people with chemical sensitivities and babies
- Free & Clear formula - no added fragrances, dyes or synthetic preservatives
Attitude laundry detergents
Attitude laundry detergents are one for the books. They are chemical-free yet offer great functionality.
Also, you can clean your clothes or pillows with them both during hand washing and machine washing. Additionally, Attitude laundry detergents are biodegradable and help in conserving the environment.
- ✔️ Safe and clean formula: Graded A on EWG’s Guide To Healthy Cleaning,...
- ✔️ It actually works: Extra gentle on skin yet tough on stains
- ✔️ Hypoallergenic: We know that laundry detergents can be a source of skin...
Better Life laundry detergent
This laundry detergent is a plant-based product. Typically, it contains a blend of soap bark, corn and coconut. Therefore, the laundry detergent free from chemicals like chlorine bleach and strong scents.
New mums love this product due to its mildness. It is gentle on both the adult’s and child’s skin. Besides, they have a pleasant yet mild smell that is safe to inhale.
You can find the Better life laundry detergent at your supermarket or local store for approximately $18. Of course, the price varies depending on the manufacturer and the quantity of the product.
- Ultra concentrated (4x) Color safe
- Compatible for HE and standard machines.
- 100% plant-derived cleaning agents and scents
Biokleen’s ultra-concentrated formula
Another non-toxic laundry detergent is the Biokleen. Not only does this detergent fight stubborn stain but is also gentle to the skin.
Also, this detergent is concentrated; hence you don’t have to use a lot of it when washing. As its name suggests, this laundry detergent is environmentally friendly. In turn, it ensures safety to all individuals and the environment as well.
- PLANT-BASED LAUNDRY DETERGENT: Biokleen uses plant-derived cleaning agents to...
- FOR USE IN STANDARD AND HIGH EFFICIENCY WASHING MACHINES: Biokleen works great...
- ULTRA-CONCENTRATED: Biokleen laundry products are 3X concentrated to reduce...
There are so many laundry detergents types today. Each of them is unique due to the different ingredients. Consequently, there are toxic and non-toxic laundry detergents today.
Laundry experts always advise homeowners to purchase non-toxic laundry detergents. From this article, you can see the non-toxic laundry detergent options today.
Using non-toxic laundry detergents not only guarantees safety but also helps you in conserving the environment. Moreover, non-toxic laundry detergents are the best products to use when washing infant clothes or cleaning your bedding.
We all know how newborns can be sensitive to everything around them. Ultimately, consider your requirements and budget before you purchase a specific no toxic laundry detergent or cloth softener.
Last update on 2022-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API